Monday, February 21, 2011

Responses to Mcphereson's article of choice...


What stereotype do you identify with? I don't identify with or relate to a stereotype, and I don't think that stereotypes are what we talked about in the discussion. When I was told that I was wrong for saying that black people eating chicken wings and watermelon was not a stereotype of all people, I still maintain that argument. Black people in Belgium, or outside of the U.S. are not looked at with that same idea. I don't even believe that all black americans are looked at that way. I still think that it is a geographical stereotype, or at least that the location is just as important to the stereotype as the persons it is put upon, that is a stereotype of black people from the south in America. 
Or
What stereotype do you most relate to?
During what activity do you feel most masculine? guess that I feel more masculine when I am working on my car or working out in the gym. 
During what activity do you feel most feminine? Folding laundry and getting ready to go out. 
May I take a video of you performing these actions? Sure
How do you feel about Adrian piper being on a suspicious travelers list? I think that it was an overreaction. 
Would you makes the same decision that Adrian piper did if you were put on the list? No. 
 What do you think about adrians work that was mentioned in the article? I think that there is a lot of poetry in the way that Adrian Piper looks for the understandings of these roles. It is more explorative and about the nature of humans that it is what is being seen on the surface. 

No comments:

Post a Comment