Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Georgie's Turn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5jspsOwK2w&feature=related 


1.) What is art therapy? The use of a creative outlet to psychoanalyze. 
2.) Does your art making relate to therapy at all? If so, how? No,  the motivation for making my work is not an emotional outlet. 
3.) How do you feel art therapy can help someone with special needs?  
I think, not feel, that it would help someone with special needs because it is another means of expression, someone with special needs may not be able to express themselves verbally.  Why would art therapy be the most appropriate  method? Because other methods have been exhausted. 
4.) Have you ever used art making (painting, drawing, photography, etc) as a way to deal with a personal issue? Please explain. No. 
5.) Do you think, as an artist, we have any responsibility to help others deal with problems through art? No. 
6.) Can you see any kind of relationship between this video and how I approach my artwork? Other than that you approach your work intuitively and emotionally, not really. 
7.) Do you think any of my work is therapeutic? 
 I think you may think of it that way, but only because of the article you chose and the questions you are posing. 
8.) Do you think my art will change when I leave school? I think that it may,  but I am not sure what that has to do with art therapy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment