link to article/reading:
Questions concerning the article:
Could fashion ever be art? No. They both influence each other, definitely, fashion is artistic, definitely, art can talk about fashion, definitely, but there would be no need to differentiate between the two if they were the same.
In order for fashion to even be considered art would it have to be painted or would we have to stop wearing clothes altogether or would it have to be something else entirely? Yes, No, All of the Above, None of the above, it depends on the piece, it depends on the intention, it depends on the setting and it depends on the motivation.
Is there a way that fashion could be conceptual? Of course, I think that fashion can be highly conceptual, it goes beyond functionality it goes beyond practicality and it goes beyond wearability.
Could fashion be displayed as sculpture even if it’s still wearable? It depends on the piece, it can be displayed any way the artist or designer wants to display it, but that doesn't mean it is art.
Questions concerning my work:
Because I’m making dresses out of tissue paper does that automatically make me more of a feminist artist? No
If my dresses weren’t wearable, what would that make them? Would they still be considered fashion? I don't consider them fashion now.
If I wanted my dresses to be less fashionable, is there a way that I could display them to make them so? Again, I don't think of them as fashionable.
No comments:
Post a Comment